Approvals & Registrations
- Registered Covid-19 testing facility with the Department of Health & National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS)
- PCNS registered practice number: 0935379
- SAHPRA approved tests
- ISO13485:2016 Certified
- Operating under ISO15189
- Registered Clinical Pathologist
- HPCSA-registered Clinical Pathologist (Virology)
- HPCSA-registered Medical Technologists
- Needing peace of mind? Coming soon our new suite of tests include
- PATERNITY TESTS
- PAP SCREENING TESTS
- SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTION TESTS (for men & women)
- Our self-sampling packs come with easy to follow instructions for sample taking in the privacy of your own home.
- Results are sent via email after samples have been processed in the lab.
History & Vision
Biotech Africa was founded by Mr Paul Anley and Dr Jenny Leslie in 2014. Paul previously founded Pharma Dynamics, a leading generics pharmaceutical company in South Africa and exited the business in 2016.
Jenny holds a PhD in Virology from the University of Glasgow and has many years of experience in the development and commercialisation of recombinant proteins used for antibody detection and the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
Biotech Africa was established with a vision to help the fight against HIV via the manufacture of recombinant proteins used in HIV rapid tests. Their products are exported around the world to manufacturers of HIV rapid tests, one of which is reimported back into South Africa by the DoH.
In response to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, they have developed recombinant proteins for Covid-19 serology screening: SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid protein and Spike (Receptor Binding Domain) glycoprotein.
These are currently being exported for the manufacture of Covid-19 antibody screening tests in S. Korea, China and Europe and are being used for the development of COVID-19 serology tests by South African manufacturers.